Thursday, 8 March 2012

What I wore to the Company Magazine

‘Style Blog Awards’

Jacket: RiverIsland, Shorts & Necklace: Topshop, Tee: ?, Glasses: Ebay

Hi,

Well as some of you might be aware I attended the Company Magazine ‘Style Blogging Awards’ Shindig last night. I took my friend Kylie with me, I don’t usually take my friends with me to these fashion bloggy events but thought it would be nice to have her there for Lolz and because I wanted to share some of my bloggy world with her and show her what goes down. As soon as we arrived we were whisked off into the freezing cold where a camera was put on us and we were told talk into the camera, Well god knows what I said as I always feel a bit nervous/awkward at these events anyway (hopefully I will get used to it one day) so I probably sound like a bit of a tongue-tied wally, couldn’t remember what I was wearing, the name of my blog or my own name for that matter or anything really brillll (dreading seeing it…Maybe its so bad they will put it in the trash can). I can never ever describe my style when I am put on the spot either I can describe everyone else’s style but never my own (strange but true) I guess its because it changes so much and I like so many different things and that’s not because I am still finding my style that’s the way I will always be I think, like a little eclectic chameleon. There we go that’s what I will say next time ‘I am a little eclectic chameleon’ (I will probably say this in a squeaky mouse voice to look even cooler).

So other than that frightful moment in my life that I would like to forget about forever, the event was pretty good, we had a cheeky sip of Rose wine, browsed the NewLook collection, played guess the orderves and enjoyed saying orderves more than guessing the orderves (I think its actually spelt like this ‘Hors d'oeuvre’, strange) I saw few of my fellow bloggers Lily, Gem, Selina, Rosie and Kristabel to name a few and was given a monster of a goody bag (so much stuff crammed in to it GHD hairspray, Witch Stick, Philip Kingsley elasticizer, Jemma Kidd Lipgloss, Batiste dry shampoo, NewLook sunglasses and scarf/sarong thing, Kleenex face wipes etc etc etc).

Oh and In case you wondered I didn’t actually win any awards boo so I drowned my sorrows into a (large) Quarter Pounder with cheese meal from McDonalds on my way home ...........classy.

The winners were;

Best what I am wearing today blog: 5inchandup

Blog for most gorgeous photography: Wishwishwish

Best celeb style watch blog: FashionCritic

Best blog for crafty girls: FlossieTeacakes

Best we love vintage’ blog: WhatKatieWore

Best street style blog: Facehunter

Best blog for high street lovers: LLYMLRS

Best blog for catwalk coverage: StyleBubble

Best insiders fashion blog: StyleBubble

Overall Winner: 5inchandup

(haha)

Well done everyone! And thank you Company Magazine for inviting me!

50 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit! You portray the pastels so well and it looks amazing! Love the little glasses as well! x

    - Ally @ Styled With Leather

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is gorgeous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely gorgeous! Those colours are so lovely together.

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I think you should've won something. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely deserved an award but theres always next years :)
    Love the outfit too.

    Mucho love.
    p-silove.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou but I do think all of the deserving people won on this occasion :-) x

      Delete
  6. I think you should feel proud that you were nominated for an award anyway, think how many fashion blogs there are, and yours was narrowed down to a favourite few. And I definitley think you deserved it! Sounds like the event was fun anyway & congrats on the nomination :) ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel really proud that I was nominated I never actually expected to win anyway as my blog is nowhere near the same level as the winners. I was just happy to be a part of it all :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow, this outfit is spectacular. Total eye candy. And those retro chic shades are fabulous. x

    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this outfit! The colours are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous, adore the pastel shades and the pink sunnies.....perfect :)

    http://lilylovelock.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colours! amazing set xx

    ruedevogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, think i've fallen in love with your outfit. The pastel colours look brilliant against your pale skin tone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outfit is so beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is just perfect. love the pastels.

    <3 rae

    http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those shorts. look ace on you x

    www.mediamarmalade.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I really love this outfit. The pastel shades are amazing and really suit you. Sucks that you didn't win anything but at least you had Rose AND a burger! Better than my night haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are a m a z i n g !

    ReplyDelete
  17. just love your outfit its gorgeous. the colours are beautiful. mcdonalds is the perfect way to drown some sorrows, as we all know lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wahh you are so beautiful! And this post is definitely no exception! I can't wait to be old enough to take part in blogging events like these!


    Lots of Love,

    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  19. What excellent colors such an outfit sports! A blogging awards event sounds nice, and I feel your blog should have definitely got some award recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  20. mcdonalds is good for that stuff :) i looove your glasses ! they add a fab touch! <3
    ROry
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Follow me on CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete
  21. that's awesome! you look gorgeous. i loove the pastel colors going on. beaut x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These pastel colours are so gorgeous, huge fan of the jacket!!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So in love with this outfit, the jacket is gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous pastels, loving the glasses too.

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow, what great colours!
    lovely outfit!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  26. gorgeous look love those glasses

    www.deejayspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. adore what you're wearing you pull of the pastels so well! the night sounds amazing, i'm sure your video won't be as bad as you think! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you added tights to this!

    x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to it was too cold for bare legs :-( haha x

      Delete
  29. i loveee ur whole outfit <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looking lovely in pastels! Sounds like a fun night, congratulations on the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would definitely freak out in the same sort of way with a camera in my face! I love love love this outfit, the mix of pastels is so pretty and complimentary! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  32. You just have the most AMAZING lips for red lipstick! Love the pastel tones chica :)x

    ReplyDelete
  33. love it. i wore the same pastel colors in my outfit a few days ago.
    your hair looks great here. thinking of bangs

    xo

    socialsexystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous look , love ur blog very glad to found it

    xoxo

    http://kaleidoscopicvisio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. you look AMAZING, lovely sunglasses!,

    ReplyDelete
  36. you are the cutest! we were recently posted on MTV's style blog.. Congrats! Looooved the way you styled that army jacket.

    Cheers!
    Kelly Love

    p.s
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog make sure to enter!
    http://style.mtv.com/2012/03/08/style-bloggers-army-jackets/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the pastels!
    xx
    http://confettifashionblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  38. great blog! following U ;-)

    mujfialovysvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is absolutely beautiful, I'm trying to embrace the pastel trend atm!

    http://daisychurchward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the pastel colors! you always look gorgeous

    www.fashionisintheb.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  41. The clip of joey is so funny, i will never tire of Friends! I would've hated to talk in to a camera, i hate the sound of my own first, i am not well composed and I just generally hate all that kind of "speaking" stuff, so i empathise! But i bet you weren't as awkward as you thought! Your outfit here is lovely, sounds like you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just discovered your blog and I absolutely adore your style! I love the pastel pinks in this outfit; your styling is immaculate, and your blog is the epitome of perfection! I'm your newest, most avid follower. I'd love it if you could check out my blog and perhaps follow me back if you wanted xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. what a lovely outfit exhibiting the pastel trend, you look stunning
    www.theorangewalls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love how you rock red lips with everything!
    xx
    http://junebiswas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete