Wednesday, 11 January 2012

And then I put myself on a spending ban.

Leopard Cord Jacket with leather collar: Etoile Isabel Marant Via Net-a-Porter (Sale)

So this beauty was the last thing I spent my pennies on before I decided I had spent to much over the last couple of months and need to chill out and save for things like car insurance and holidays. So basically I am on a spending ban which means no buying clothes until the 5th of March, which will be 2 months exactly and all of my wages (except money for petrol, bills etc) will be put into a savings account. It sounds like nothing but I am struggling already I just keep seeing things I want to buy and they haunt me. But I will do it I have to. I have spent far too much money over Christmas and doing this will make me feel less guilty...

On a happier note, I love my jacket! I have never bought anything on Net-a-Porter before as everything I like is a little bit (a lot) out of my price range but this little number was in the sale for £100 from £345 woop woop put your handsin the airrr(OGod). I think it's the ideal sale buy! it's beautifully made by a designer I love, its LEOPARD PRINT (which never goes out of fashion and if it did go out of fashion for some reason it will come back in for sure), It has a little leather collar (and such nice leather it is), and finally it will be perfect for Spring. Happy Days

Uh oh just noticed the skirt I wanted is in the sale too......It will clash perfectly with this jacket and it looks like the perfect shape.....mmmm......Don't worry I wil resist........I really will

28 comments:

  1. Awesome print jacket. That will look amazing, looking forward to seeing the outfit posts with it :)

    www.mediamarmalade.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i know what you mean about spending bans, but it always makes me want to buy stuff even more? guess i'm fickle like that.
    but it is a bargin! so i see why you couldn't resist! x

    www.gembear.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me at leather collar! Looks awesome babe! At least you're last purchase was a goodin!

    http://lilylovelock.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great discount and great jacket. i know the feeling about needing to save money but always finding something you feel you have -_- all too well.

    <3 rae

    http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! i love the jacket! :) goodluck on your spending ban operation :)

    http://xoxostrawberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i spent way too much money over the last few months, too, BUT unlike you i can't resist anything..seriously i'm an addict

    wish you luck for the upcoming months ;)

    www.poorbutgorgeous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it's soso beautiful! the skirt is gorgeous too, I always see things I want to buy when I'm trying to not spend ha.

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god!! This is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see what you pair it with :)

    Gem x
    www.twinklebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh beautiful jacket, such a lucky find! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing jacket ♥

    http://evictedbyfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That jacket is perfect, out of my price range though, sigh.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an amazing jacket!! Can't wait to see how you wear it! :)
    That skirt's lovely too, get it!!
    Charlie xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this is an amazing find. I have lost quite some time drooling over clothes on bet a porter way out of my price range and shoes too. Best of luck on the spending ban. I can completely empathise. I've realised I have since a young teenager I've bought a piece of clothing every month and this has followed me into womanhood. I spend half my pay before I've earned it. Just stumbled upon your blog. what a gem!
    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. GO FOR THE SKIRT that skirt is so perfect, turning down the oppurtunity is like an insult to style!!! <3
    Rory

    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh I love the Net a Porter sale! My items haven't come yet but have ordered too a.p.c bits, love having this chance to buy a brand I love. Love the jacket, it is so you and a great find! I'm tempted to spend less throughout the year, just so I can splurge in the July and January sales and finally get some decent stuff. Good luck with the ban!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely jacket! Unlike you, I need to buy more clothes! :)

    I'VE BEEN LONGLISTED FOR A MARIE CLAIRE FASHION BLOG AWARD! PLEASE VOTE FOR ME (THATISMYSTYLE-STYLEGURU.BLOGSPOT.COM) http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/fashionlonglist :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous jacket, good luck with your spending ban, I don't think I would be able to last!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Honey that jacket is gorgeous! Uh I really need to go on a spending ban, I've spent so much money on clothes in the sales!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting, what a great buy! Spending bans are such a rubbish but necessary evil, booo but at least you have this beauty to keep you going? I agree that leopard print won't be going out of style anytime soon, I think it's just become an absolute classic/staple print, it's on par with black in my wardrobe

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous jacket! God I love net-a-porter! The only thing I ever bought there was some Elizabeth and James shoes - their packaging is so beautiful and it feels so special opening the box!

    Drea xoxo

    dreasjunkyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's very cute! This is my first time here on your blog and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete