Sunday, 27 November 2011

Being a Girl.
Taking photos of my nails is not going to be a regular feature as I am by no means a beauty blogger and I especially dont have much of a clue when it comes to nails! BUT today and today only I am sharing this (also posted on twitter yesterday) Because I feel so proud that I can actually do my own nails haha. I'm usually a chipped and bitten kindof girl but yesterday on a whim I bought some plain fake nails (elegant touch, totally bare in the short length) and loose nail glitter (By GOSH only available in Superdrug stores and not online as far as I know?) to give myself something to do. I painted the fake nails in black nail varnish then dipped them into the loose pink nail glitter and voila! The glitter almost completely covers the nail too which surprised me as I thought there would be gaps but no they were perfect! I then just sprayed hairspray over them incase of strays (dont go over with clear polish as I tried one and it ruined the glitter effect) glued them onto my real nails and ran off into the sunset.

Also, if you want to wear sheer tights after doing glitter nails put them on first or the glitter will snag them or put them on with gloves on. I learnt the hard way and trying to pull tights up with marigolds on is not an easy task I tell you that now!

27 comments:

  1. ohh i do love them :) should do ur nails more often hehe xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My gosh! Those look amazing! It's weird how different they look to nails just painted with regular glitter nail polish - those look almost as if you Photoshopped them on? Hahaha, if that makes sense.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love them and how you ran off into the sunset x

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha your end comment made me laugh!

    sexy nails for a sexy lady :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo glittery! I've got a pot of the GOSH nail glitter in silver but didnt know what to nail art to do with it, inspired!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get myself some of them! wowza ha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very beautiful colour and i love glitter!!! Cute combination! Great to grey <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look so so great, and am loling about the marigols vs. tights issue, have had the same problem myself with wet nail varnish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour of the nails!
    http://www.smokeinmycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, I'm so drawn to glittery nails at the minute, it's all I want to do with them! Will be trying the nail glitter, pretty colour!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so great! I've never seen nail glitter before, definitely going to look out for some now!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The glitter polish is oh-so amazing! Want want want! <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  13. soooo pretty for xmas <3

    http://foxyunique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhhh look at you getting all girly ;] love these babe youve done such a good job ;] well done charlene :] xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. they look so good! definitely ready for the christmas season! What make are they? As i've asked for the 'Nail Inc' glitter collection for christmas but i want to buy some now for all these upcoming parties!
    ccowland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look super cool, great color

    http://iartfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. My best friend got the same glitter in turquoise (blue) and hers look fab toooo! I love this colour though.... I might have to get myself some :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I wasn't sure about that loose glitter at first but now I might try it!
    I've just posted about glittery nails too! http://bit.ly/tgz5fO

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, now I'm jelaous! I was just shopping nailpolishes (yesterday) and I was holding on that same burgundy-glitter-little-cute-thing in my hands, but then I desided to take pink-glitter and green-grayish-glitter... And now I am sad. Have to go shopping again :--D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful nails! I'm a ''personal blogger'' and always feel like apologising for too fashiony or beauty blog posts, haha!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are amazing, made me want to give them a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. seriously loving the pink glitter right now! love it.
    olivia
    assezblonde.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete