Monday, 17 October 2011


Not so long ago I received am email from the lovely Charlotte Burkhart to see if I would like some of her jewellery to style in a post on my blog. After having a look on her Etsy shop I immediately said yes and chose the Essence of two necklace which contains a human wisdom tooth and human hair and the Conjoined teeth ring which contains two human teeth.

Wearing the jewellery has definitely attracted a lot of attention and I was asked about them several times during a recent shopping trip. Much to my surprise about 40% of people found the idea of me wearing human teeth and hair weird and my wearing them caused quite amusing looks on some people’s faces I have to say. I also found it quite funny that one of the people disturbed by it was actually wearing human hair extensions on their head! I however love the jewellery to bits but then I have always been quite open minded about most things and love owning things that cause a bit of drama and that can spark conversation and debate!

If you do have doubts I think you will reconsider once you read what Charlotte has to say about her materials Since Getting my wisdom teeth removed I have been fascinated (some would say obsessed) with collecting teeth and turning them into jewelry. I believe teeth are more precious than diamonds, and certainly harder to come across. At first you may feel squeamish about them, but you may come to love their incredible beauty, and the sad reality that they are no longer needed. Wearing them on the body is then the ultimate form of recycling. Other materials I am inspired by and love to work with include Human hair (another great form of recycling!!), Silver, Antique Photographs, and Acrylic’

Etsy have also recently done a feature on Charlotte's work and have put an interveiw up with her here

Charlotte is also offering 25% off all items in her store with the code BLOGGER25

35 comments:

  1. really love the dress and the belt you have with it!

    http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a beautiful dress love your outfit your glasses hat everything is perfection dear u are so pretty love the fur touch u look amazing kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg the jewellery is beautiful! So much want

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what interestig things to use in jewellery. I don't find it strange but I do find it really intriguing more than anything. They look really lovely on you, I really love your dress too.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fur stole is decadently beautiful, and adore all the jewelry.

    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm exactly the same when it comes to the weird and the wonderful... Love the teeth but I don't think I could wear the hair as hair that's not on a head actually scares me lol, although it does look incredibly beautiful! I should get over my fear! Definitely checking out the shop!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The idea is quite strange but i love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute, love the glasses!
    Krissy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. this idea is strange I never heard of using human teeth though I have heard of hair hmm it's different I like it it's great recycling :)
    www.alittleweirdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! I like the teeth! What lipstick are you wearing?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think its kind of creepy but really cool at the same time, i love the dress as well x

    ReplyDelete
  12. incredibly original concept and design. I say good on the girl. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i lovveeee your blog its the 1st time i'm checking it out i totally subbed

    http://antonettepeters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should be on the cover of a magazine, bloody gorgeous girl as always !! I'm loving your shop ...popping baby out than treating myself to a dress :) hope you are well kitten love this outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're ring twins! Also, this outfit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! You look gorgeous! Great stole! And that necklace is certainly something else! Love it!


    Sandra D.
    www.redhotcupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look great Charlene! Yay! So good to finally have good photos of that necklace on someone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool look, love the simple grey dress and that you matched it with fur.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look beautiful! I like the vest, just hope it's fake ahah

    ReplyDelete
  20. i really like the idea of using human teeth or hair, it's no different from fur or ivory! gorgeous jewellery chick. x

    http://natallino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I nabbed that little gem from Topshop aswell although I really like how you've styled it! The jewellery is ace - definately having a wander over to that site. Teeth necklaces? Amazing. Fact.

    www.thecaptivatinggrin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. adorable! i love the faux fur!

    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  23. great blog and beautiful set, You're so stylish:))))

    ReplyDelete
  24. EVERYTHING is beautiful ! Love your style SO much ! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Argghh so jealous of this TS dress. It seems to look brilliant on just about everyone.
    The necklace is brilliant. I have never seen anything like it. Extra special me thinks, lucky thing.

    Xx

    http://alwaysshiningyoucrazydiamond.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow you make this dress look gorgeous! I bought it last week, so I think I am in some serious need of a faux fur scarf now! Lovely blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just wow!

    Victoria - VIPXO - http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. The glasses and the head - wow! Did you mention from where the glasses are?

    http://wolfandwood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your Extremely Pretty! Love The Look!!!

    ReplyDelete