Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Bookworm Beatrice, that’s what they call me!

No really they do! Ok no they don’t but it seemed fitting. I am going to try and blog a bit more as it’s the Xmas Hols and all that I am not rolling in dough so I don’t have enough clothes for outfit posts left right and centre so am picking my brain for other bits and bobs to share over the holidays. I do like to just stick to Fashion, as that’s what you are here for right? But it wont hurt to change the subject once in a blue moon will it. Could even be this once who knows I will see how I feel.

Today I went shopping I really just wanted a scarf and gloves, as I have still not found any I like and maybe some charity shop bits but I went to a Bookshop and got carried away instead. I was in there for a good hour or so Id say. Ah so many books so little cash. I’m not actually the bookworm I’d like to be I read a book now and again well I think I have read one this year when I was on holiday (One Day-David Nicholls). Anyway the point I am taking ever so long to make here is I never stick to New Years Resolutions EVER but I think I can do this one! My resolution is’ to be more well read’ I’d quite like to think of myself as well read it sounds like a lovely thing to be and to get the ball rolling I have purchased Alice In Wonderland – Lewis Carroll, The Virgin Suicides – Jeffrey Eugenides, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas – John Boyne and I have borrowed The Works of Oscar Wilde. Any Recommendations for when I am done with those?

Ah look at me ‘The Intellectual’……..

x

14 comments:

  1. The Stieg Larsson trilogy! I promise you wont regret it! I love the virgin suicides!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Looking for Alaska by John Green and Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger are all really good! They're definitely worth the read! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i'm feeling not so smart now, seen the movies for the first three. never read the books haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. defffoo the intellectual looking at those bad boys!
    i wish i was more 'well read'. i did an english degree and i definitely don't warrant that status!
    i would love to be able to stick to a resolution and that one seems a good'un! might try it myself... although, currently i am reading tommy lee's autobiography, i'm not sure that counts does it?
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post!! I love going to second hand book shops and finding random books I wouldn't have thought to look for! Kerouac is always a favourite for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look like some good books! It's nice to blog about other things at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a gorgeous idea! Mine is to draw again as I used to be rather good at college and now I am laughable :(

    I would suggest 'On The Road' by Jack Kerouac

    R x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Charlene!!
    Never commented on your blog before, but have been following from the start and loving it of course like everyone else. You have such a unique and fresh twist on things :) and I think its great to mix things up with a post like this one here and there. Just thought i'd introduce myself.. I'm Joanna, a londoner too and working as a hairstylist at Toni & Guy.

    Theres 3 books I'd definately reccomend:
    1) The book theif by Markus Zusak
    Currently reading this one, can't put it down. Like nothing you've ever read. International bestseller.
    2) Shadow of the wind By Carlos ruiz Zafron
    Has been highly reccomended by clients and friends
    3)Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah
    Sad, touching and special.

    That's a great new years resolution.. will add that to my list too :)

    Joanna
    facebook.com/joanna.gregory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bookworm Beatrice???!!!

    Now I LOVE you more and more!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. My recommendation is One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson. I don't read much anymore as the internet is taking over my life a little bit! But I absolutely love The Virgin Suicides. You have to see the film too. Beautiful. xx

    www.lovefromloulou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks will try all of these at some point!

    Louise yes I have seen the film but I usually find books have so much that films leave out!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alice in wonderland is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Beach - Alex Garland, Old School - Tobias Wolff, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey, Of Love and Hunger - Julian Maclaren-Ross, basically anything by Orwell...

    ReplyDelete